Dare to be YOU!
Introduction to Brandlady.com
Stress: Combat Stress Naturally - Practical Tips on Stress Release
Sonica Krishan, Natural Lifestyle Consultant, Freelance Writer, Author
It is believed that a majority of the diseases have their root in the brain. That is one of the reasons why stress tends to augment the numbers of psychological and neurological diseases. Our everyday lifestyle which is analogous to stress and strain, is somehow making us all the more vulnerable to diseases on physical, mental as well as spiritual levels.
Ayurveda Analysis of Stress
According to the factual comprehension of Ayurveda therapeutic science, our body as well as mind is ruled over by the three humors, air, fire and phlegm. Vatta or the air, Pitta or the fire and Kapha or the phlegm when in balanced state endorse natural wellness. But at the same time, vitiation in any of the three doshas or body humors results into production of a disease both in bodily as well as psychic spheres. And stress (physical and mental) tends to straightaway interfere with the natural balance of the three humors or doshas, as a consequence of which the body loses its natural wellness and disease begins to crop up.
• Vitiation in the air humor destroys mental sense and gives rise to grief and infatuation.
• When the fire or ‘Pitta’ manifests and increases inside the body, there is production of mental states of excessive fear, lust and grief.
• Imbalance in the phlegm humor causes lethargy, anxiety and indiscrimination.
Ayurveda relates Stress to Mental Disease
Ayurveda believes that the causative factor in mental disease to be mainly an increase and imbalance in the mental states of the brain i.e. ‘Rajas’ and ‘Tamas’. These two states are ascribed to ‘Iccha ‘(Desire) and ‘Dwesh’ (Repulsion) are predominantly triggered by stress. These when cross the limits set by social norms and values, excite the ‘Doshas’ or basic humors of the body resulting into degeneration of the brain powers and birth of mental diseases.
Relieve Stress with Natural Aid
• It is important to keep the mind occupied in creative and fruitful activities.
• Over work and lack of mental rest and relaxation adds to stress.
• It is important to communicate regularly with relatives and friends as this relieves the mind and acts as mental booster.
• The daily diet intake should be regularized in means of proper timing as well as nutritional balance. Fresh juices, fibrous foods, raw green vegetables and garden herbs provide with ample supply of anti oxidants and resistance booster.
• A sound mind dwells in a sound body. It is therefore essential to keep the body fit and healthy in order to develop better intellect. A regular exercise schedule or walks in fresh air especially in the early sunrise could do wonders.
• Sound sleep for eight hours is your daily rest requirement for the proper functioning and recharging of your brainpowers.
• Make a daily work list and try to handle problems one by one, as it would be rather difficult to cope up with the accumulation.
• It is equally important to stay involved and seek for counseling whenever required.
• There are some herbs in ‘Ayurveda’ that are expressed more rightly as ‘Brain tonics’. These can prove quite beneficial to sharpen intellect and increase the mental powers. For eg. Bramhi, Shankpushpi, Ashwagandha etc.
• Massage of the scalp and soles of the feet with sesame seed oil is also suggested.
• Cow’s ghee is quite beneficial for the brain. It should be included in daily diet.
• Try and take out some time for a favourite pastime.
Dr. Sonica krishan is Ayurveda and Natural Lifestyle Consultant, Freelance Health Writer and Books Author based at Chandigarh, India. She has authored natural home cure books ‘Herbal Healers’ and ‘Home Remedies’ and is presently writing for National and International publications. She may be contacted at email@example.com or visit www.herboveda.co.in
Dr Sonica is presently managing HERBOVEDA – Herb and Ayurveda Hub at Chandigarh, India providing consultancy and treatment mainly using Ayurveda therapy to retain as well as regain Natural Wellness.